Bel Air, MD Dentist
The most common time to straighten teeth is during the teen years. Permanent teeth have fully developed and issues like overbite, gaps, and misalignment become clear. However, your teen may be reluctant to agree to treatment with braces due to any of a wide range of reasons. The most common reasons teens avoid braces include:
- “Metal mouth” – the impact of braces on a teen’s appearance can often lead to teasing by peers and reduced self-esteem
- Restrictions – braces require your teen to give up popcorn, hard and sticky candies, gum, crunchy foods, and more
- Discomfort – braces can irritate the lips and gums, and increase teeth sensitivity
- Effort – teeth with braces are more challenging to keep clean and healthy
- Activities – sports, band instruments, and other common activities can be limited or made more difficult when wearing braces
Invisalign teen® is designed to provide straighter, healthier teeth without any of these drawbacks of braces.
Invisalign teen® uses a series of clear, custom-fabricated aligners to gently and gradually correct the alignment of your teen’s teeth. Their nearly invisible appearance means most people will not be aware of the treatment.
Invisalign teen® aligners can be removed for eating, dental hygiene, and activities like sports or band. This allows your teen to live a more normal life, keep their mouth healthy, and maintain a higher self-esteem during orthodontic treatment.
In most cases, Invisalign teen® can correct issues with your teen’s smile for about the same investment as traditional braces, and generally requires fewer office visits. For more information or an Invisalign teen® consultation, contact our office.